Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Biggest Loser

Ok, so I just got done watching the first episode of "Biggest Loser." I absolutely love this show because that is exactly what I do. I loved it when women came back to see me after 8 weeks and lost pounds and inches. I'm going to go on a tangent now. My question is...how do you let yourself get that big? I understand that food is a comfort thing. Believe me - I know. I gained weight my sophomore year in high school and didn't do anything about it until my senior year. I saw pictures of myself during Thanksgiving (senior year) and I was absolutely skinny. Too skinny in fact. During lunch one day, a friend of mine suggested we join the track team. Now, I never ran or did anything of that sort. My younger sister was the runner of the family..not me. Something inside of me just said what the heck and I started running. Our coach made us run miles each day and for some reason it didn't "kill" me. Now I didn't stay on the team (mainly because my mother said I had more important things to do a.k.a. piano) but I never stopped. I left for college and kept running. For some reason, running has been something I've always just done. Now as most people know, I am training for a marathon. I guess what I mean to say is get up and do something. There was a lady on the show that said my 4 year old is overweight and it's my fault. Well then do something about it!!! Stop feeding her chips and cookies!!!! I can't stand it when people use excuses for not taking care of themselves. Or when they know they need to do something but don't. I hope I don't offend anyone...but I guess if you do get offended then.... And that is why I am strict with my son's food. He has factors from both sides of the family and I do not want him to be that 100 pound 2 year old. I guess I get annoyed when people ask about that. "Why don't you just let him have this?" Maybe because I care about what goes into his mouth. He eats very well...and his new favorite snack is organic raisins I bought him at the Whole Foods Market. Yeah, maybe I am very picky about what goes into his mouth but so what? I mean is it really a bad thing? I hope he appreciates it later in life and thanks me for taking care of him. I guess he will have to live with it since his mom is a personal trainer. Which reminds me....Jer didn't go run tonight.....lol!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Well I couldn't agree more with what you said. Excuses really are pathetic when you are that over weight. You should have a goal and anytime you put on 10-20 lbs you should have an automatic alarm that says, ok time to loose some weight. I know a lot of people don't have the time to work out, but trust me you really can make the time. I love Jillian Michael s, I work out with her every morning. Ever since Keith and I went down to 1 car, it's hard for me to get to the gym on the base everyday, or sometimes I don't feel like going. Well Jillian has this amazing workout dvd and its ONLY 20 mins....ok who can't work out 20 mins in their day, I just do it before I get in the shower, easiest for me in the morning. Anyways her works are strength cardo and abs and its the hardest workout I have ever done in my life, but thats the point, so you get results only from working out for 20 mins. Also if for some strange reason you can't workout ...then Calorie Count because that works as well. Make sure you educate your self on nutrition before you start because you need to understand what are important calories and bad calories. Anyways sorry to fill up your comment box, but I really enjoy reading about nutrition and love that they have the biggest loser show to help motivate people who need to workout, but people PLEASE don't let yourselves get that big.