Sunday, November 16, 2008

Jer's Birthday!



Last night I threw Jer a surprise birthday party. I decided to do everything myself including the cooking. I was nervous since I haven't cooked for a lot of people before, but it turned out awesome. Now I know I can throw dinner parties! Since I am a Rachael Ray fanatic, I decided to cook her chili dog chili. It's a large pot of chili with hot dogs in it. You make cornbread and put spicy mustard in it so when you eat them together it tastes like a corndog! It probably sounds really disgusting but it isn't. I am not a hot dog fan but I will eat it in this! I also made twice baked potatoes loaded with bacon, cheese, sour cream, and scallions. It was really good! FYI, turkey hot dogs tastes pretty good. I started buying turkey everything about a year and half ago since it is healthier for you. I was surprised at how well everything turned out. Jer does not like cake, so he asked for brownies. I found a Paula Deen recipe...all I can say is 500 calories a bite?! They are awesome! So I will have to hit the gym a little harder on Monday.
Friday night, we hung out with a bunch of couples from our ward. We went out to eat and then went to play laser tag. Since we decided to go last minute, we had to take Parks with us to eat. No big deal though, because for the most part he acts pretty good. It was fun!

No comments: