Well we heard back from Drake and Gonzaga. They both are putting us on a wait list. It's really funny though because both of them are Tier 3 schools and Jer had a 70% chance or higher of getting in. They are good schools but not like Toledo. Toledo is ranked 85th and he didn't have that great of a chance of getting in, yet he did. I guess Heavenly Father will make things possible and put you where you are supposed to be. I had a feeling about Toledo but I thought it was only because I used to live there and liked it. But Jer applied there after looking at it and we got in. We are still waiting for BYU but I don't know if Jer will get in. I hope he does because it's a good school and also cheap. I don't like Utah or the "bubble" but if that's where we are supposed to be then there's nothing I can do!
This past week we had Grandma K and Aunt Kori stay for a week. It was so much fun! Parker loved having them here and so did I! I was able to sleep in a little and let them take care of Parker in the morning. I realized how important it is for Parker to know his extended family. I didn't have a chance to be close to my extended family because they lived far away (one in Japan!). I just hope that it can be different for my kids. I want them to know their grandparents and be able to be comfortable with them. It took me a long time to get used to the idea of living close to family or seeing them a lot. Now that we can't and have Parker, I realize that it is important to see them. I am grateful for my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment