Thursday, October 22, 2009

"Ball"

Parker read a word today!!! He knows his upper and lower case, so we have been working on small words. He has magnetic alphabet letters, and we started making words today. He recognized the word "ball". I was so proud of him!!! I think he knows "mama" and "daddy" but after the one word, he stopped. He just wanted to say the letters. He is growing up so fast. It has been raining here lately, so I decided to take him to playgroup today to get out of the house. Ok, so I am going to say something. There was a girl at playgroup today who seriously threw a tantrum every time Parker was playing with something. He would be playing with blocks, or a tricycle and she would come and throw a tantrum trying to take it from him. I was ready to pull her stupid pigtails out of her head! Parker is not one to get upset or anything so he doesn't care if someone steals his toy. But the mother did NOTHING. She would just say, "Claire, let him play with it" while she was smiling, acting like her daughter was doing nothing wrong. Now, I'm not saying that Parker is perfect, but he does not act like that. If he did, we would make sure that he learns it's not acceptable. Some kids go through that phase of "no" and does not like to share things, but Parks hasn't gone through that. It's probably b/c he doesn't have any siblings to fight over! Oh well, that was my tangent. Jer is looking for summer internships and has several prospects. Most of them are in Atlanta. Whoohooo!! We will be grateful for any opportunity that comes our way.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Theres a mom in my ward who is like that.. a bunch of us will be out at the playground and she lets her 3.5 yr old go around stealing and taking whatever toy he wants from anyone and she does nothing! What can you do in that situation?? Anything?